Are you experiencing pain from a previous orthopedic injury, arthritis, or spine pain? Most modern treatments would recommend you undergo surgery to treat this pain. Surgery can be a painful and invasive form of treatment for something that would otherwise just have to be endured. Not only is surgery painful in most cases, but it can also lead to long stints of rehabilitation that can add additional pain to the situation.
What are Stem Cell Treatments?
In recent years, different approaches have come to the forefront of modern medicine. Among them, the best alternative is through the use of stem cells. According to MedlinePlus, stem cells are cells with the potential to develop into many different types of cells in the body. They serve as a repair system for the body. There are two main types of stem cells: embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells.
Stem cell treatment is actually quite simple. Stem cells are injected directly into the area of pain, eliminating invasive surgery techniques. As we get older, the body has a hard time circulating these versatile cells to the areas where they are most needed. This is where stem cell treatments come into play. Regenexx treatments, a specific type of stem cell treatment, take a highly concentrated dose of stem cells and inject them into the problem area, allowing the body to take over the natural course and heal, strengthen and relieve that join or bone of the pain that it is causing.
In contrast to surgery, stem cell treatments, like Regenexx, have far less downtime, and avoid a long and painful rehabilitation period in which the joints and muscles need time to recover.
When Should I Consider Stem Cell Treatments?
Regenexx, a pioneer in stem cell treatments, uses stem cells for the following conditions. If you are suffering from any of these, contact your local spine specialist to go over all possible treatment plans:
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Spine Pain
- Torn or Strained Ligaments
- Other Degenerative Orthopedic Conditions
Stem cell treatments are an option that anyone who has these conditions, should consider. It is especially enticing to those who have very busy lives and cannot afford the time that is required to recover from invasive surgery.
Other Reasons for Stem Cell Treatments
With stem cell therapy’s recent break onto the scene, there are many areas of interest for medical professionals to apply it in. Stem cells are able to be manipulated into specialized areas for an individual’s treatment. Some of the other uses for stem cells include:
- Nerve damage. Specialized stem cells that have been manipulated for this purpose could be injected into the area of nerves that are damaged. These injected stem cells would then contribute to the rehabilitation of those nerves, as dictated by the body.
- Treat diabetes. According to the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, stem cells could be used to produce insulin that could treat people with diabetes and heart muscle cells that could repair damage after a heart attack.
- Replacing essentially any tissue or organ that is damaged or diseased.